14 August 2015

Only in the Springs...

I called into the pharmacy on the way home this afternoon, and as I'm paying for my items Pete Ashenden, the community-minded pharmacist at LiveLife, said 'Oh, Gwen - I was just going to ring you - we've run a raffle on the school's behalf. I'm sorry we didn't tell you!'

 'And you are apologising??!!' I was a bit baffled.

'Well,' he said, 'we probably should have told you - we'll send a cheque to the school - it's not much - about $350.'

I drove home with a smile on my face - I mean, where else do people open their hearts with such generosity and just send you $350 without batting an eyelid?

Thanks, Pete. Your thoughtfulness will be put to good use in our school and will benefit our kids and their families.

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment