04 February 2019

Writer's Block

Writer's block was a term invented in the 1940s - such an interesting concept really. Prior to that writing was a hobby for the wealthy or the hip. These days we are all called on to write - to document our ideas and share them with as many people who are interested. Ideas spread this way and develop their own power and influence.

Seth Godin challenges us to think of 'Writer's Drip' instead - the alternative to writer's block is a drip - a post a day, week after week 365 times a year. Not sure I can keep up with this so I've committed to the next 30 days along with my colleague, Chris Wise. You can read his entertaining views on life, parenting and education and just about anything else at The Dad Regime.

Me? I'm blogging about school. There's more than enough material in a school with more than 1100 children, 150 staff and upwards of 2000 members of the community interacting every day to ensure I can drip without interruption for 30 days. And who knows...maybe I'll just keep going...





No comments:

Post a Comment