05 March 2018

Kids love our school

I love Thursday mornings - it's when I do a school tour for families thinking of enrolling in our school. Sometimes we have lots of families complete with grandparents and younger siblings in prams and sometimes when I'm lucky it's just one parent. But no matter how big the group I love to be able to meet newcomers to our school, to have a one on one chat and be able to connect with new children who are often feeling a bit nervous.

I also love the stories new families tell about what they've heard about our school. And I always listen with trepidation when they say 'and we've heard about you'... :)

Last Thursday one gentleman told me how he was walking past the school one weekend and two boys about 13 and 14 came towards him on bikes; they were 'long haired' and up and down the guttering, and in his words 'didn't look likely they would have anything good to say about school'.

As they rode on one said to the other 'didn't you just love it there?'

'Yeah' replied the other one. 'It was ace - Peregian Springs is the best'. Our new family member was so surprised that two very unlikely looking lads would be speaking so highly of their primary school.

And it's true - our kids do love their school and every minute in it. It is such a wonderful legacy to leave children with fond memories of their first formal learning at school. Thursday mornings is often when I get to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment