13 February 2019

Stories from the green zone

I love this duty. I try to get out there as many afternoons as I can. I get some sun on my face and arms, I can wave to my staff as they finish for the day, I can greet parents walking to and from the office,
and best of all, I get to chat to kids. They always have something to tell me - often it's about the weekend or their pool they can't wait to get into or some art work they created that day. Sometimes it's checking I know their names, know their car or know which teacher they have this year. Many times they are full of excitement about something. One little bloke last week couldn't wait to tell me how many friends he had made since moving to Peregian two weeks ago - more than all the six years at his old school, he marvelled.

This is great to hear. Our school places a lot of emphasis on kids looking out for each other, on building each other up, on helping without being asked or rewarded for this behaviour. And it really works. Our kids are friendly and compassionate. They are sharers and givers. They are smiling and happy. And they tell great stories in the green zone.




No comments:

Post a Comment